analytics

Sunday, December 11, 2011

IBM Cognos 10 BI Administrator Certification

This morning, I gave a test which is technically known as COG-622 but better known as IBM Cognos 10 Administrator Certification. Well, I passed and there was a lot of learning that I gained from preparing for it.

My biggest mistake was the order in which I started preparing for it. Well, if someone is trying to prepare for it, you don't need any thing other than IBM books.

Preparation Material:

1. IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Installation and Configuration Guide 10.1.0

Yep, that's enough for you to score in exam. I studied books in order 2, 1, 3 which I think is kind of stupid. I should have done it like 1, 3, 2. Well, that's upto individual but if you don't have much time (like I had), that's the best way to score.

I believe 1 week (smooth learning) or 3 days (stressed learning) is enough for this exam. Still, if anyone has doubt or need help preparing for it, just comment here.

p.s. It's a 47 question MCQ exam of duration 1 hour. You could easily finish in 30 minutes ;)

update: here's what the certificate looks like, just to get you excited ;)

 

11 comments:

  1. May I know the process to do IBM Cognos 10 Administrator Certification. Like where to go, whom to contact, free etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easiest way is to get in touch with Prometric Centre in your city. The fees is $200.

    Try here to locate center
    http://www.prometric.com/Cognos/default.htm

    There are usually some discounts available on different basis, check for those too.

    Let me know if you face any difficulties finding it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please guide on COG-612

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amit,

      What kind of guidance would you require, other than the books to read?

      Delete
  4. plz tell which type question arries in exam. ive some example....

    -----Ankur-----

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 47 MCQ related to different segments of administration.
      There's no negative marking!

      You could google for questions if you'd like. It's not so difficult, a little hard work would get you certification.

      If you are aware of Cognos administration and have been playing with it, you'd pass exam easily.

      Delete
  5. Hello Aakash,

    Congrats on your cert!!

    I was wondering if you'd have "IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Advanced (v10.1)" or "IBM Cognos BI Administration (V10.1)" course material, i.e. student guides supplied during these courses, I would be indebted to you! :)

    Thanks,
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzie,

      I am afraid I don't have those books.

      Thanks,
      Aakash

      Delete
  6. The 3 books total about 1700 pages. How to study in 1 week? Please teach me how. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 3 books total about 1700 pages. How to study in 1 week? Please advice. thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drop an email to my gmail id aakashysharma if you need help. Books aren't really 1700 pages if you've worked on Cognos. You'd probably skip through most of them, if you have understanding of Cognos.

      Delete